2008 is a nut!  

Posted by Daniel^_^Chin

Well, I hope it's not too late to write about my 2008 as many people have already done that. This is gonna be "2008 in a nutshell"---an alternative title....or "2008 is nuts!"

2008 was sure a very very dramatic year for me. In fact I think it's the most dramatic year to date(not to mention those political news that got more and more juicy). Lot's and lot's of things happened, and I've learn from each and everyone of them.

At the end of last year, I was chatting with my best buddy Wai Hong as we couldn't sleep. We talked about how our lives have changed since we left our warm, cosy and sweet little innocent town and enter the evil and harsh world--the real world. I was surprised at how similar our encounters were. I guess everyone will go through those things at certain point. 

But I was a good moment as we got to learn from each other. I wish I wasn't wrong by saying that we have to protect ourselves when we are out alone. Of course there's nothing wrong with protecting yourselves, but sometimes I found out that you have to protect protect(something like Colgate double protection?), and no, the thing on your mind is not what I'm talking about. Sometimes I had to be selfish, and when I realised that, I got all emo o.O. Well at least it wasn't as bad as you think. When I'm back to my friends and family I'm back to normal. Sometimes I do wonder if I have multi-personality, nah that might freak everybody out.

Noticed a slight decline in studies, maybe it was too little stress. So here a little resolution for 2009, think about nothing but studies!!! But that's sad, because we(me and Wai Hong) promised each other to have girlfriends exactly a year later. We both know we have high expectations on the opposite sex and it's not gonna work. So let's see what happens :D. On the contrary, it was really dramatic to find out all your friends being sxxxs and change partners like...everyday?(sorry I was exaggerating, but you get the idea)

Well, and there was the realisation of the importance of money in this (TMTH) world. It started with living by myself, so every financial decision was on me. Living around KL is like burning you money, unlike my hometown where money hardly goes anywhere. Then there's the foreseen economy crisis(yes I knew it was coming! The world is......), which makes money more......hated. Oh and did I mention I worked as part timer? It was fun but exhausting :D

Some trivia :D

1. Favourite movie of 2008
The Dark Knight (Heath Ledger rocks!....in heaven <(nn)>  )

2. Favourite song
I'm yours (I know I know, but it's not over-rated, you just got bored hearing it)
*ps: love Rihanna too :P

3. Favourite book
The yellow Reader given by Ms Zatur(you know I'm being sarcastic)

It's the Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom (such inspiring...)

4. Favourite news
Someone got shoe-ed??? Lol

5. Most disturbing thing that happened to my body
Pimples...arrrghhh!!!!

6. Favourite person
Myself (no points for guessing it right :P)

7. Favourite TV show
For English - Pushing Daisies (Brian Fuller is a genius)
Heroes is sooooo disappointing

Cantonese - Moonlight Resonance 

8. Favourite food
Can't think of a particular one...what about pork from BBQ Plaza? (No offense to muslims)

9. Favourite drink
Blood...my arse! (If someone mentions the word "Twilight" again, I'll drink his/hers)
Mocha is still my favourite :P (I......e....ya......will always love you.......woo......oooo......eee....I.....)

In a nutshell 2008 has been a nice year for me, no bad things(I'm optimistic so "bad" means bad bad). I discovered more on myself and other people around me, learned more in my studies(always grateful for that), moved to a new house(I'm moving again =.=", once each sem!), met new friends(some really weird), worked in Parkson, had a good time during festivals like Halloween, enjoyed my life and learned to love myself more(it's not vain). Cried because I was shocked(really shocked), laughed because I was happy, got pissed sometimes but my EQ saved me(I'm getting a tad more irritating now). 

Finally, thank God, my family, my friends, my housemates, my lecturers, the strange strangers I met, my Appie, my books, my assignments for living through 2008 with me!!!

2009!!! Ya better be good to me! 


  


This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments