Gaudi lost his key???  

Posted by Daniel^_^Chin

This is not a book review

Anyone heard of this new book called The Gaudi Key


Sounds like The Da Vinci Code ain't it??? 

When I first saw the book in a newspaper a few days ago, I thought perhaps I should give it a read. So I went searching for it but apparently Malaysian bookstores aren't that up-to-date. 

All I saw was Twilight everywhere, how annoying! Just kidding :P.

Anyway, I came back and decided to read some online reviews. Unfortunately, not even one of the reviews I've read was able convince me to buy that book. They all mentioned about how bad the book was. From what I've read, the way the author delivers the story-line is bad. A book with bad writing paired with puzzling puzzles and boring characters doesn't sound like a good read to me. 

And they even compared the book to The Da Vinci Code. The result was that Gaudi can't be compared to Da Vinci. Seriously, I have never laid my eyes on the incredibly controversial book by Mr Brown. I even had to force myself to finish the boring movie. If The Gaudi Key is worst that that book, I won't care to touch it.

If you're wondering who's Gaudi, he was an architect. And his famous cathedral La Sagrada Familia can be seen on the book cover (Lots of choices to learn more about the building here). This book talks about the mystery that revolves around the architect's death and Christianity at that time. 

Pretty interesting theme for me but unfortunately I'm not buying it. Or should I buy the book and give it a try, since I'm not a person who often listens to other's opinion.

Maybe someone should read it first and tell me whether it's worth the bucks. I'm so evil.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments