Ikay Okay!!!  

Posted by Daniel^_^Chin

I know it sounds so wrong to pronounce IKEA as IKAY(Eye-Kay), but that's what my lecturer taught me! And isn't it fun to pronounce the names of stores wrongly? (Carrefour anyone???)

Yesterday was the registration day for FABE students. So there I was taking the bus to school and realised that I should've gone earlier. I can't believe that after going through that painful process 3 times I didn't even drag my own self out of bed 6.00 am in the morning and be the first to enter the college. The Hall of Fame(ahem, Shame) was full of students and most importantly, the counter I was supposed to line up was hidden at the corner, with a serpentine line of students ending nowhere. I was squinting my eyes trying to figure out where should I line up as the line intertwines with another counter's.

How unsystematic! The lecturers could've done something knowing the way Malaysians lineup.

Nevertheless, the line was the least of the problem. The student registering(Chris), was at the counter for what felt like an hour before the poor fellow behind him could scream "finally!" Apparently our new year leader was new in using the crazy program for registering.

Did I mention that I was sitting on the row of seats with the label "For Parents Only" beside the line?

And it was during that time that I resorted to my last years' plan: register when the semester starts! (How smart ;D)

The problem is that there probably are a lot more 'smart' students like me too.

After checking out the timetable and waiting for Rozan to finish his stuff, we went to IKEA!!!

I needed a chair and some other stuff, so Farhan, Iwas, Saras, Rozan and Me headed to IKEA in Iwas' car.

Stuff that I bought--->

Toiletry bag that can be hung

Floor Mat

Laundry Basket

SNILLE Swivel Chair

And the total was around RM80++, less than RM100!

Still eyeing the Drafting Table though...

After the exhausting journey, I cleaned my room again and it's officially a complete room now.

Let's hope that I won't be moving again.

PS: The food in IKEA was okay I guess. But the view of a lady flashing was 'better'

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments